The Student News Site of Centaurus High School

The Warrior Scroll

The Warrior Scroll

The Warrior Scroll

Centaurus Student Gets Taylor Swift to Come to Prom

Nora Hess
Taylor Swift at CHS Prom

Pop star and global sensation Taylor Swift has agreed to attend Centaurus Prom April 12th, 2024. After a student (whose identity is unknown at this time) reached out through her publicity team, Swift agreed. “I’m not busy at all during the tour and could use another task to add to my plate. I love doing anything I can to help make my fans happy and want to relive my own high school prom in any way I can!” remarked the pop star in her email response. 

According to the student, one thing is very clear:  both Swift, and her publicity team, are ecstatic about the visit. , “We hope this will help Taylor to better reach the younger audience of high schoolers, as well as give her a chance to expand her audience as many teenagers don’t listen to Swift’s music,” stated her publicity team in an email to stuco during the planning of Swift’s visit. 

In addition to attending, Swift is expected to also perform a song at the dance (similar to the “Surprise Song” feature on her Eras Tour).“I really want to spread my music,” she explains, “This will widen my audience and also help me promote a new song! Many people haven’t been streaming as much recently and I am a little worried that there won’t be as many listeners on my upcoming album. At least now I know I will have a small amount of people I can guarantee will listen” 

To ensure the safety of the pop-star, she will have two bodyguards with her at all times. However, the school has been assured that her guards are very friendly and will pose no threat to the student body. “I just want the kids and Taylor to have a good time and an amazing prom,” remarked Larry, her head bodyguard. 

The student body is very excited to host the star. “We discussed how we could take pictures, the limit is 5 and then we head to the dance, I cannot wait!” 

Swift has actually attended a high school prom after fame in MTV’s production of “Once upon a Prom.” Swift made a young high school boy’s dreams come true when she attended his prom with him in 2013. This time around, there will be a small crowd and whatever paparazzi shows, but not a full camera crew such as that used to  film for the tv show. 

“This will be so fun,” stated the pop star in her email, “I am so enchanted to meet you.” 

Stay safe and have fun at prom Warriors!