The Student News Site of Centaurus High School

The Warrior Scroll

The Warrior Scroll

The Warrior Scroll

Out with the Old, in with the New Food?!

Do you need some new places to grab lunch on school days?  I visited a few of the new and old restaurants around the Lafayette/Louisville community: here are a few of my personal favorites.
A+sign+displaying+the+bussiness+of+Oak+Tree+Plaza%2C+very+close+to+CHS.+
CJ Van Horn
A sign displaying the bussiness of Oak Tree Plaza, very close to CHS.

The outside of Ruby Ru’s. (CJ Van Horn)

Starting off with a lunchtime classic, a restaurant open during lunch and super convenient that all Warriors go to: Ruby Ru’s Street Eatery. There’s nothing quite like the first bite of Ruby’s Mac and Cheese or a crunchy bite into the chicken bowl or a bite of their delicious curly fries you’ve been waiting for all lunch. Ruby’s gives customers kind and efficient service. Walking in, you’re greeted by a colorful eatery and workers ready to serve you as soon as possible. Ruby Ru’s is the perfect place to chill and grab a bite during the long Centaurus school days, making it an easy #1 for lunch spots. The only downside is how crowded Ruby’s can get during lunch rush hours, but the wait is honestly worth the quality of the food. If you don’t mind waiting for food (that is totally worth it), Ruby’s is the perfect place to go.

The sign on the front of MeCo Coffee collective. (CJ Van Horn)

This next one is for those who like some peace and quiet while studying during lunch. A new, cozy, and eclectic coffee shop has opened nearby, MeCo. Want a quick drink and warm pastry to enjoy while studying for a huge test coming up? MeCo is the perfect place to go. The 50’s and timeless art on the walls gives the whole place an artsy feel and the workers are super sweet. Just like the drinks! MeCo offers tons of different drink options: from coffee to teas, whatever you’re looking for, MeCo probably has it. I tried the croissant warmed up when I went, and it was one of the best croissants I’ve had in a while.  Overall, the perfect study/lunch spot!

Next up is a bit farther down South Boulder, Snarf’s sandwiches! While this one is a bit farther, it definitely deserves a shout out.  Snarf’s Sandwich Eatery has amazing sandwiches and brownies. The workers are chill here and get the food out really fast. The only downside would probably be the hygiene, Snarf’s isn’t the cleanest eatery out there but it’s better than fast food and the diet makes up for it!

CJ Van Horn

Finally, saving the best for last: La Panaderia Tradicional y Neveria or the Mexican Bakery and Ice Cream Shop! Recently, this shop has been all the rage at Centaurus. Though it just opened, I have heard so many people raving about this baker (and rightfully so). I went recently and the bread was amazing. I’ve had lots of pan dulces but these ones are some of the best I’ve ever had. The people are kind and the family-owned really shows with this store. It really has a small town Panderia feel, almost as if I was walking the market streets in Mexico. If you’re in the mood for a quaint, and super delicious bakery, check out La Panaderia Tradicional y Neveria!

CJ Van Horn

There are tons of  places – old and new – to get lunch.  Next time you’re thinking of just buying a Lunchable from King Soopers, take advantage of the places around us and support some local businesses!