The Student News Site of Centaurus High School

The Warrior Scroll

The Warrior Scroll

The Warrior Scroll

New Poll Shows Freshmen are the Most Loved Class

Shutterstock+Image
William Perugini
Shutterstock Image

Freshmen: you know them, love them, and aspire to be them. Every single freshman is guaranteed to be the coolest, nicest, and most humble person you’d ever meet. Everyone at Centaurus agrees that the first of your high school experience is the best year you’ll have. It’s fair to say that everyone knows that freshmen are the best and seniors are the worst, objectively.

Across the school, a new, riveting poll has increased tensions amongst students of all classes. Recent data clearly gives evidence to the fact that freshmen are the most loved: a staggering 99.9% think that the freshmen are the best students at the school (the 0.1% is from hateful seniors, obviously). This poll clearly shows how the freshmen class is the most important at Centaurus.

Seniors have notoriously been the worst class at Centaurus. According to students in the school, as you progress through your high school career, you ultimately descend from greatness until you reach the lowest of lows: senior year. One expert senior on the topic says, “Man, I wish I could turn back time… to the good old days of freshman year.” The general sentiment amongst upperclassmen is that they are being outclassed by the current freshmen of the school. Everyone loves the freshmen, and the entirety of Centaurus realizes the ticking time of the summers and school years brings them further away from the path of greatness that freshman year is. 

At high schools all across the nation, “senior slump” is a pressing issue. Research on the topic suggests that this is because seniors are specifically slumped from wanting to be a freshman again. Some possible side effects of senior slump include: lack of motivation, terrible jealousy of incoming students, and the realization that they will never be as cool as a freshman again. Watch out for the health of seniors today at Centaurus, as they might never be the same if they start developing these symptoms. 

Another reason that seniors suffer in Centaurus is that they have simply too much free time. According to the seniors at schools across the country, having three or more free periods in a day is extremely exhausting and taxing on them. It’s true, everyone in high school wishes they could rewind time and become a part of the best class at Centaurus: the freshmen.