The Student News Site of Centaurus High School

The Warrior Scroll

The Warrior Scroll

The Warrior Scroll

Marching Band Takes Home 1st at States

After months of effort, the 2023 marching season comes to an end on a positive note. 

After months of effort, the 2023 marching season comes to an end on a positive note. In October of 2023, the Centaurus High School marching band took home first place at semifinals, scoring first in the Music Performance and General Effect categories. After finals got snowed out, semifinals were counted as the final scores, and the marching band held on to their victory. 

“I would not change a thing about that season. We had one shot and we delivered; we just dropped the mic,” said drum major Sloane Weiss when asked what she would change in the season if she could.

Weiss stated “It’s not about our final destination, it’s all about the journey in between. We have such an amazing band family, and we are the bonds within us. [The bonds within] make us have more emotional music … throughout the season we talked a lot about no regrets and how you only have one shot. That became quite ironic when finals were canceled and we only had one shot.”

Echoing her sentiments, drum major Dylan Mines said “this year is the first year where it kind of all came together, and all of our energy and enthusiasm kind of went into the product that we made and the outcome”. When asked if he would change anything about the season, he answered “I would not change anything about this season because I think that everyone did really well and put in their best effort, and that’s really all that we ask”.

So, go congratulate your marching band friends for a season of hard dedicated work, because as Dylan wisely put it “No one person did this alone, no one person can win a championship, it’s a group effort and I think that’s the most important part of this is teamwork”.