The Student News Site of Centaurus High School

The Warrior Scroll

The Warrior Scroll

The Warrior Scroll

The First Teacher’s Pet Competition: Featuring Ms. Wieronski

Ms. Wieronski’s dog Brewer
Ms. Wieronski
Ms. Wieronski’s dog Brewer

On April 12th, Warrior TV announced a new competition featuring the Centaurus staff’s furry friends: the Teacher’s Pet Competition. Between cats and dogs, students vote for each teacher’s pet which would then advance to the next round. This will continue until only one cat and one dog are left – and one of each category will be crowned the winner and best teacher’s pet. One competitor – Ms. Wieronski – is very confident that her dog will be the best.

Ms. Wieronski, a Language Arts teacher at Centaurus, entered her dog Brewer confidently into the competition. She says, “I entered the cutest pet into the competition – by far, the top dog – and his name is Brewer. He goes by Brew-doggy and he is a silver lab.” Having faced many other pets so far, Brewer was in the heat of the competition, up into the third round where he was against Sally. Unfortunately, as of May 2nd, Brewer lost to the tiny pup, and Sally moved to the fourth round. Even if Brewer’s reign ended, he was still a fan favorite, making it all the way to the third round.

There was also a separate cat category in the competition, featuring some teachers’ cats. As of April 25th, the final round for the cats was a three-way tie. Now, the winner was announced – Anarkitty won the three-way vote in the cat division. When asked for some of her favorites of the pets (specifically the cats), Ms. Wieronski said her favorite was “the cat making the really mean face. She just had this glare, and it had the eyes that I want to give my students sometimes when they don’t do their homework.” 

The first Teacher’s Pet Competition has been a fun and exciting experience for both teachers and students alike. Between cats and dogs, both categories had pets entered that many students enjoyed. Created by Warrior TV, this competition was sent out to teachers, and a lot of them responded energetically – more than twenty pets were entered as soon as an email was sent out! Even if some dogs and cats were not up to snuff, a clear winner will be crowned soon based on the results. Make sure to cheer for your personal pet favorites, and wait until the competition ends to see who is the best teacher pet at Centaurus!